Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tiny Crafts

Last week I started on this little craft I have been wanting to do for Evelyn's room. I haven't been able to find any crib mobiles that I really like, so I was inspired by the one over at Young House Love, and wanted to give it a shot! I was trying to wait until I am done working to start on any crafts so that I have plenty of things to keep me busy, but I couldn't wait!



Here's what I did:


♥) I bought a bunch of fake flowers and plucked off the little buds one by one.

♥) Poked holes in the bud section of of the flower (the little part at the bottom), and threaded some lightweight floral wire through.

♥) once I had a ton of flowers threaded on, I wrapped the wire in an asymmetrical sphere kinda shape.


♥) I hung them all at different heights from a little wreath from the craft store.


Easy as pie (but kinnnda tedious)



soooo many tiny flowers.


The finished product! I love how it turned out!



Here is what her view will be, from in the crib.



All together the whole thing only cost me about $35 and a few hours in front of the TV plucking off flower buds and poking holes!


Still to come: a big ol' chalkboard for above the changing table, some artwork for the walls, and some tissue paper garland.


This is the fun stuff!



5 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing ever!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your little crafts Amanda. And I miss you and Ben. I hope to meet Miss Evelyn when I come home in July :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay so cute! Putting personal touches on Bennett's nursery was my favorite thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'll be trying it out one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! You are so crafty I LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stoppin' by!

everyone loves to eat

Portland restaurants on Urbanspoon