Friday, June 25, 2010

Food in the Blank...


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Today's fill in the blank game over at Lauren's blog is food themed...therefore I will play along!
(because i enjoy eating food)






1. If I could choose my last meal it would be
Pizza, hands down. Then red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.



2. My favorite person to share a meal with is


Ben, and not just because I eat with him all the time. Its because he is the most appreciative eater I have ever seen. He loves everything. I remember one of the first things I made him was grilled cheese and tomato soup and he just about fell over in his chair. He said it was the best thing he had ever eaten (i think he really meant it), and he says that about everything you feed him. If you want to feel good about what you're making for dinner, feed it to my husband and you'll feel like a champ.



3. The best meal I've ever had was

on a date with Ben to Blue Hour downtown Portland. I had fried risotto cakes with truffle cream sauce and i almost died. It was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. Maybe I was just starving, but I was literally scraping my plate in the fancy restaurant. The lady at the table next to me even leaned over and said


"that good, huh?".


no joke.


4. The one food that makes me feel instantly better when I'm having a bad day is

Frozen Yogurt.
Half tart, half cookies and cream with strawberries, mangoes, blueberries, and mochi. I do love an old fashioned glazed donut, but sometimes, if my bad day has anything to do with eating too much gluten, it can make me feel worse after the 30 seconds of consumption has passed.



5. My absolute specialty in the kitchen is


hmmm, good question. I think I'm a little too new to cooking to have a specialty quite yet. I must say though, I know how to make the perfect grilled cheese sandwhich. fancy.




6. The city that has the best food is
New Orleans
and my favorite restaurant there is

Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter. You must go there once in your life and beignets with powdered sugar and cafe au lait.


If you get them to go, they put them in a paper sack and literally DUMP powdered sugar in the bag. Its the most delicious thing in the world, and if you can experience it in NOLA its even better. I love them so much we gave away little personalized helpings of the mix as favors at our southern themed wedding.


7. My favorite healthy snack is

shelled edamame, or a piece of toast with a few slices of avocado and tomato. And I always love a good banana.

8. In my opinion the nationality which has the best food is


Italian. Cheese, garlic, pasta, tomatoes, mushrooms, bread, wine, so amazing.



9. If I could learn to cook anything in the world (and be really good at it!) I'd choose

probably sushi, because it is such an art. Either that, or cake making. I don't really have the patience for these kinds of things.



10. The most outrageous dessert I've ever had was

at PF Changs, the Great Wall of Chocolate. Its a huge slice of chocolate cake laying on its side and it has like 8 layers. Its massive, if the cake was standing up with would be at least a food tall. Not the most delicious cake i have ever had, but it was hilarious to see all the forks at the table devour it in about 2 minutes. It reminded me of the movie Matilda where the fat kid has to eat the chocolate cake in front of the whole school. Anyone know what I'm talkin' about?





Thanks Lauren! Post a link to your own answers on her blog, here!



Have a delicious Friday!

7 comments:

  1. I also LOVE frozed Yogurt!! have you been to Peachwave yet on Cedar Hills BLVd in Beaverton? OMG. it's my obsession...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSS. that is my favorite place, so many flavors and so many kinds of fresh fruit. I need to lay off...its kind of replaced starbucks as my money waster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...to all of it, haha :) I really like Blue Hour! I totally know what you're talking about...my sister sent me a card once that had a picture of that kid on the front (face covered in cake) and inside it said, "I love you like a fat kid loves cake." I about died laughing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me some beignets! I'm in Baton Rouge, but we just had them last night at Coffee Call...SO GOOD! Of course, Cafe du Monde in New Orleans - even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you - I've eaten that cake at PF Chang's by myself! Out of control! And those risotto cakes do sounds like the most heavenly thing on earth... xxSAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. little something for you on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just found your blog from olivia's!! i love portland blogs :-)

    and all of your food answers were the best! you hit so many of my fave foods... i recently made risotto cakes! they are so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stoppin' by!

everyone loves to eat

Portland restaurants on Urbanspoon