Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday Edition

Fill in the Blank Friii...
uhhh...
Saturday!!



Today for Breakfast I ate: a piece of Dave's spelt toast and some plain greek yogurt with honey. funny story...i bought some greek yogurt cups at Whole Foods the other day, and i decided to have one for a snack...as I'm thinking to myself "this is the most delicious thing i have ever eaten in my life...whyyyy is this so good?", I look down only to find that it is not non-fat...nor is it even low-fat. BUT instead...it has 280 calories...14 grams of fat...and 23 grams of sugar...(and only 6 grams protein). UMMM...excuse me...was i eating ice cream only not as good and for a mid-morning snack? pretty much!







My go-to/never fail recipe is: coconut macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi.


Super easy...just salt and pepper some mahi steaks...pan fry them on one side...then flip, brush the other side with light coconut milk and pile it with a mixture of melted butter, crushed macadamia nuts, and panko bread crumbs. Then stick them in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the topping is crusty and the fish is flaky. SO good, and always a crowd pleaser.







Something I eat that people think is weird is: Cottage cheese with almost anything dipped in it. chips, veggies, tortillas, toast, pretty much anything. I must say though...when i was a kid..my favorite thing to eat was white rice leftover from dinner the night before with butter and sugar. absolutely no nutritional value...but probably just as good for me as fruity pebbles! Try it, its delightful.







My worst cooking disaster ever was: my freshman year of college i really wanted to cook something for my roomies...so i decided to make the recipe on the side of the saltine crackers box....i don't think i need to say anything else.







If i could eat one flavor of ice cream for the rest of my life it would be: the flavor i tried last night for the first time...Tillamook's Espresso Mocha. Oh dear it was so delicious. It tasted like these milkshakes we used to make at The Beanery where i worked in college with like 8 scoops of vanilla ice cream, and 2 shots of espresso mixed with ground chocolate. This ice cream is the only thing I have found that is even close to being as good as those shakes. And yes, I said 8 scoops of vanilla ice cream.







One food I hate and avoid at all costs is: Raw Onions. Its my only problem with Chipotle..all the salsa has huuuuge chunks of raw onion. Seriously people, sick.







What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner? I'm going to say dinner. I like eating at the end of a long day. It is relaxing and I love sitting down at the table, whether its at home, with friends, or at a restaurant. I like the act of sitting down for a meal. Plus, dinner is really the only meal that I spend any time planning for/making. Its rewarding to see people enjoying what you put some effort into making for them.


Thanks Lauren! I always love talking about food...as we all know Have a happy weekend everybody!

3 comments:

  1. i seriously laughed out loud just trying to imagine what you could've possibly been trying to make off the side of a saltines box. wish i could've seen this :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hate that Greek Yogurt is so high in fat and stuff! It is my absolute fav. I am going to eat it anyway!!! By the way...I miss you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute blog! And I love the name! YOUR name is the name! How clever :) ♥

    * http://donandamanda.blogspot.com *

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stoppin' by!

everyone loves to eat

Portland restaurants on Urbanspoon