Wednesday, July 14, 2010

25 things I love.

love





I am in a group with 5 or six other newly married gals studying through a book by John Powell called "The Secret of Staying in Love". Its such a wealth of good wisdom on all relationships through communication. The book is out of print, but if you can wrangle up a copy, I highly reccommend it (nerd-alert). Anyway, one of the ladies in my group told us about an exercise that she and her husband did at their pre-marital counseling that sounded fun. They both separately wrote down 100 things that they love. it could be anything. colors. food. places. smells. anything. Then they gave it to the other person so they could always have some help to think of something special to do for the other person. Sometimes I think i expect too much of Ben...like he is superman and is supposed to be sitting around all day long thinking up exciting dates and cute things he can do for me that he knows I will love. get real. Do I spend all day doing that for him? Probably not. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to start compiling a list, 25 at a time. It puts you in a suprisingly good mood, dwelling on the things you love.




25 things I :







1.Time with Jesus in nature



2.family camping


3.babies



4.houses in the country



5.hardwood floors



6.Ben's itchy legs when he crawls in bed.


7.peaches



8.wildflowers



9.bunnies



10.fluffy shirts



11.antique furniture



12.almost anything in Anthropologie



13.coffee with vanilla cream



14.dresses that twirl



15.red



16.Christmas socks



17.my doggy



18.turquoise glass



19.going away on the weekend



20.dates



21. yellow

22.pink nail polish



23.Purell



24.India



25.tire swings





♥ ♥ ♥ ♥



its pretty wonderful listing things you love.





try it!

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute. And sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat Amanda!! lalalove it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dag nabbit, you're adorable! :) Composing my own little list of 25 as we speak! Best Best wishes! Holls

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea. I will check out this book. Also, have you read the love dare from the movie fireproof? It's a great book for couples whether theyre in trouble or just simply want to grow with their partners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea! I absolutely love a lot of these things as well. Sometimes it really is the simple joys of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love doing this times when i'm feeling down, I've never thought about making a list to give to my husband! great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i did one tooo ;)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stoppin' by!

everyone loves to eat

Portland restaurants on Urbanspoon